24 May 2013
NUITEQ signs Snowflake distribution agreement with its South Korean Partner AVA Vision for Japan
Skellefteå, Sweden / Seoul, South Korea – May 24, 2013 – NUITEQ®, the award winning multitouch software developer, announced today, that it has strengthened its relationship with its existing South Korean Partner AVA Vision, with the signing of a distribution agreement of Snowflake Suite and Snowflake ABC for the Japanese market.
AVA Vision and NUITEQ have been working together for over three years, with the initial focus of the collaboration being aimed towards AVA Visions domestic market in South Korea. Last year the companies signed a new agreement to strengthen their business in South Korea.
AVA Vision has customers throughout Asia and now with demand for their interactive multitouch displays with Snowflake Suite increasing throughout that region, the time was ripe to expand the collaboration beyond South Korea, into Japan.
AVA Vision has worked in the Japanese market for years and has the right partner infrastructure in place in that country, to ensure that local customers receive time efficient and dedicated support in their own language.
The company offers interactive touch foils with applications for different market verticals as well as other multitouch sensors, such as overlays, tables, kiosks and walls.
AVA Vision’s clients are manufacturers of DID and related digital display products and SI companies that install Video and Audio devices. Both the PCT touch sensor and related applications from AVA Vision are amongst their highest demanded products.
AVA Vision utilizes NUITEQ’s Snowflake Suite multi-touch software product on its interactive multi-touch installations, which are amongst others deployed in the Korean association for Preservation of important intangible cultural properties in Seoul, South Korea.
NUITEQ’s CEO Harry van der Veen will be traveling to South Korea end of June to visit AVA Visions headquarters. He will also join the company at the DID Expo Show, where they will be showcasing their latest interactive multitouch solutions with Snowflake.
“We have sold many types of touch software in Korea and other countries in Asia. We believe that Snowflake Suite is the best software for the PCT type touch sensor devices that we offer. We have been successfully distributing interactive solutions for years and we are continuing to bundle these products with Snowflake. Snowflake will give us competitiveness for selling our touch sensors and NUITEQ is the right partner for our interactive business in Korea, Japan and other Asian countries.”, says JJ Park, CEO of AVA Vision. “Our customers and partners also have shown strong interest in Snowflake ABC, the multitouch software suite for lower education, which can be used by kids in schools as well as in interactive kids corners in for example retail environments or other public spaces.”
“I’ve visited AVA Vision in Seoul before and I was very impressed with their company culture, how they run their business and how they offer their customers dedicated support. So it was great to see with my own eyes, how much they value and appreciate their customers, which is very similar to NUITEQ’s way of doing business.”, says Harry van der Veen, NUITEQ’s CEO. He continues, “AVA Vision has been a loyal partner of NUITEQ for several years, so it feels great that we have now expanded our collaboration beyond South Korea, into Japan. I’m very much looking forward to visiting Seoul in June to meet the AVA Vision team again.”
About AVA Vision
AVA Vision Co, Ltd. is a technology-based company, specializing in system integration with audio and visual applications and networks. AVA Vision develops interactive products and offers their solutions, including touch sensors and 3d displays, to a wide market range. Visit www.avavision.co.kr for more information.
NUITEQ is an award-winning developer of multitouch software solutions for interactive touch displays. Its product Snowflake Suite, which includes over 35 apps, is globally known for its high level of performance and stability as well as its ease to customize content. NUITEQ customers include Fortune 100 companies, OEMs, system integrators and VARs. Its vision is to improve the way people interact with technology, by creating rich engaging user interface experiences.
Visit www.nuiteq.com and www.snowflakesuite.com for more information.
End of March we released a completely new multitouch software product called Snowflake ABC. Kids have short attention spans and Snowflake ABC addresses this issue in education, by making learning more fun, engaging and memorable.
As said, its a completely new product, however it has been developed on the reliable Snowflake platform, which has been developed for over 6 years (25+ years of development) and is endorsed worldwide for its stability, quality and performance.
So to use a reference to the car industry, we have built a completely new car which looks different and new from the outside, but under the hood, there is still that same high performance and reliable engine that gives the user its smooth experience.
We at NUITEQ are very committed when it comes to developing and improving our products. The same counts for Snowflake ABC, which is why we have set a goal for ourselves to offer our customers and partners a new version of this exciting new product every 4-5 weeks. This will give users new applications as well as fresh new content, since content should always be evolving, especially when it comes to education.
Multitouch software Snowflake ABC for kids (K-12) from multitouch software on Vimeo.
For this 1.1 release we have focused a lot of efforts on the backend, whereas for version 1.2 which is expected to be released in June, there will be a lot of focus on adding more content.
Below you find the changes:
- Added checkbox for enabling saving in Draw in Configuration Editor
- Added support for sounds in Animals, Bugs, Untangle and Spelling
- Added translation definitions to translationinfo.xml
- Added more rounds to Maths
- Added checkbox in Configuration Editor for enabling/disabling emailing
- Added tile graphic in corner menu
- Added position history for color picker
- Improved the scrolling bar interaction in Draw
- Improved layout in Math
- Improved interaction design in Presenter, Unidraggable, Gravitoy, Numbers, Planetarium, Math bugs and Math apps
- Improved Geography by randomizing flags per round
- Improved spawning of flowers in Spelling
- Fixed missing icon from menu
- Fixed minor glitch in Numbers when snapping numbers in position
- Fixed minor glitch when flipping certain apps 180 degrees
- Fixed minor glitch in Math
- Fixed minor bug with Unidraggable
- Fixed minor bug in Math Bugs
- Fixed minor bug in Gravitoy when drawing
- Fixed minor bug with undo in Draw
- Fixed bug in Untangle that solved puzzles easily
- Fixed layout with Spelling after game restart
- Fixed in Draw that color palette can not be dragged off the canvas
- Fixed several layouts in portrait mode for Draw, Einstein, Organs, Bones, Ring drop, Clock, Unidraggable, Math bugs
- Fixed some Math collisions
- Updated Spelling help screen
- General bug fixes and performance enhancements
As always, we very much appreciate your feedback, as this fuels our passion to further develop our product.
Download your free trial version of Snowflake ABC here.
May 6, 2013
We’re happy to let you know that we launched the 36th release of multitouch software Snowflake Suite, version 3.3.
Existing customers and partners can upgrade cost free.
If you use any custom content, make sure to have a backup and don’t overwrite your custom content while updating.
You can download the complete version of Snowflake here.
Previous Snowflake Suite release notes / change logs, can be found here.
Order your license of Snowflake online here now and get started with the industry leading multitouch software immediately.
Find the complete change log / release notes below:
- Added support for QT 4.8.4 for enhanced performance and stability
- Added setting to not loop videos by default in Media Viewer
- Added more clip art in Draw
- Added setting for spacing between icons in sliding menu
- Added showing Snowflake edition to License Info in Snowflake License Activation
- Added example points of interest in Google Maps
- Added new graphics (Tracer, Bugs, Untangle, PDF Viewer, Media Viewer, Slider, Draw on Video, Wong, 3D Viewer, Alien Raiders, Connledge, Drums, Flow, Guestbook, Puzzle, Spacetube, Tap, main menu app icons)
- Added support for two backgrounds in Airhockey
- Added option to start Hotspot dialogs positioned by their hotspots rather than in the center
- Added app name text size settable in GlobalMenu.xml for grid menu, sliding menu and tile menu
- Added option to make text under icon color settable in Draw on Video
- Improved Visuals in Connledge, Hotspot, Main menu and Flow
- Improved Wong: Remove loser text by default, only show winner (can still be added back as option)
- Improved Pong: Remove loser text by default, only show winner (can still be added back as option)
- Improved Curling: Remove loser text by default, only show winner (can still be added back as option)
- Improved Media Viewer: Keeping content on canvas works better when background is locked
- Improved 3D Viewer: Automatically skips menu if there is only one model
- Improved Curling: Stones can no longer get stuck under menu
- Fixed shape creation in Gravitoy
- Fixed A rare crash when exiting Flow
- Fixed Potential crash in Puzzle and Media Viewer with high amount of video content
- Fixed Crash in Froggy when conflicting options were selected in settings
- General bug fixes and performance enhancements
To see the screenshots of the new graphics, you can have a look at our Facebook here.
If you prefer the previous app icons, don’t worry, we have included those as well for you.
Your feedback is what fuels our passion to further develop Snowflake. We would love to hear from you want you think of this latest release.
The NUITEQ Team
In May we will be releasing multitouch software Snowflake Suite, version 3.3.
But before we will release this latest release, we want to already share some screenshots with you of the graphics revamp that we worked on for most of the applications.
To check out all the other screenshots, have a look at our Facebook.
Stay tuned for news updates on the upcoming 3.3 release on our Twitter @multitouch
April 26, 2013
Next Page »
NUITEQ’s partners Touchworld and 3M Touch Systems showcased their multitouch displays with Snowflake & Snowflake ABC at the advertising exhibition Design & Reklama in Moscow last week.
Interested in using Snowflake Suite at events and exhibitions to present your company and products in a memorable fashion? Drop us a line here and we’ll let you know how we can help.
Multitouch software developer, custom multitouch software provider, multitouch application development, touchscreen software, multitouch software suite and platform/framework